ShirLee's Homes4SaleUtah BLOG

ShirLee McGarry's Homes4SaleUtah BLOG, features great articles for consumers, homeowners and Realtors® addressing community, local, state and national real estate news. Articles also include refreshing humor to encourage smiles and support for all real estate warriors in the trenches who do stand out to make a difference in their client's lives in the exciting and challenging world of the Realtor®. Penned by Associate Broker-Realtor®,and Registered Author, ShirLee McGarry® with RealtyPath in Sandy, Utah

Sunday, August 2, 2009

A new month

Can you believe that July has come and gone and now we are starting into the early fall months. August will be a good month as I have one closing and made two sensational friends in the process. Should close in another week. I am not going to start building my listings. I took a sabbatical from my last short sale as that just about did me in and was so much work. I'm going to work the listing side to build my listing up and have in place for fall and the first of the year sales.
The market is good and we are seeing a slow up trend in the housing market here in Utah. The whole problem is being able to keep your present job and of course not taking out equity in your home that makes you go topsy turvy in what it is worth and what you owe.
I have two out of state clients I am working with, one is under contract and will close in October and the second is getting all their documents together for the lender for a VA. Once that is in place we will look for a home and get them under contract also which will be an October closing as well.
ZipRealty is the best company I have ever worked for and they are always striving to better their customer service and the way we do business. Our website is the best there is in the Real Estate market.
Saturday I went to the RPAC summer party and it was a lot of fun and met many new Realtors, Lenders and Escrow officers that look like they might be part of a great team. The best part besides our donations going to RPAC to help Realtors in Utah keep an eye on legislation that is passed that would hinder our careers as Realtors and not in the best interest of the housing market as a whole. They had lots of drawings and I won the Apple IPOD - ALRIGHT!!!! I usually do not win in drawings so this was a first and it is really neat. I have to get busy and download some of my favorite albums and pics.
Next week is going to be busy and also have lots of fun events planned for the weekend!

No comments: